Related Posts If you woke up today thinking this would finally be the day you would leak that top-secret document, you might want to hold off for another day. Wikileaks, the Internet home for whistleblowers world-wide, has temporarily shut its doors to concentrate on fundraising.“We protect the world”, it now says on the front page, “–but will you protect us?”The front page now hosts a statement about the site’s current status and a plea for donations. According to the statement, the site is currently overloaded by the number of readers. It says that, while the site has raised $130,000 to date, it needs $200,000 to continue its operations, and $600,000 if it were to pay all of its staff.“We have received hundreds of thousands of pages from corrupt banks, the US detainee system, the Iraq war, China, the UN and many others that we do not currently have the resources to release,” the statement reads. Wikileaks has been host to a number of influential leaks, including operating procedures for Guantanamo Bay and the contents of Sarah Palin’s hacked email account during the 2008 election. Last November, it released 570,000 pager messages sent on Sept. 11, 2001, many of which were sent by police and fire officials. The site may have first come into the general public’s eye in February 2008, when a California judge tried to shut it down, but only succeeded in pulling the DNS entry for the site in the US. A number of mirrors across the world quickly popped up and the judge reversed his own decision weeks later.In its statement today, the site makes it clear that while it has won a number of awards, they will not pay the bills, and neither can it “accept government or corporate funding and maintain our absolute integrity. It is your strong support alone that preserves our continued independence and strength.” Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… mike melanson Tags:#news#web Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…
At least 12 people, including two Seema Shashastra Bal personnel, were injured in a grenade blast near a police checkpoint on Guwahati’s upscale Zoo Road on May 15 evening.Eyewitnesses claimed the grenade was lobbed around 7:45 pm from an SUV that sped past the checkpoint near a shopping mall. The attack happened hours after Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal reviewed the law and order situation and asked the police to checkcriminal activities.”Twelve injured people have been admitted at the Guwahati Medical College Hospital and two private hospitals. They have received treatment and their condition of most of them is stable,” Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said. The two injured security personnel have been identified as Amulya Ratan Mahato and Ramesh Lal.The police said a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits involved. “We will spare no effort to find out who is behind the blast,” City Police Commissioner Deepak Kumar said. “We are trying to find out if the of three United Liberation Front of Asom cadres in (eastern Assam’s) Tinsukia district earlier in the day has any connection to this blast,” Director General of Police Kuladhar Saikia told The Hindu from the spot. Police had intensified checking of vehicles and suspected people following intelligence inputs about the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom planning to carry out a subversive mission. Local TV channels claimed the outfit’s military chief Paresh Baruah called up to claim responsibility for the grenade attack.
Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Monday said in the Assembly that his government was in the process of creating a State Staff Selection Commission (SSSC) to bring about more transparency in filling vacancies.Mr. Sawant told the House during Question Hour that Inter Departmental Committee of Officers (IDCO) has been working on finding out the exact number of vacancies in government departments.He said necessary steps were being taken to ensure that the process of filling vacancies in various government departments was transparent in the absence of an SSSC, with written exams being conducted by the Goa University or the Goa Education Development Corporation.“The previous government (under late Manohar Parrikar) had started the process to have SSSC. We will complete it,” he said.Mr. Sawant told the Assembly he had come across instances of people applying for jobs far below their educational qualifications.“I know about a person who had an engineering degree but applied for a peon’s post in a government department. It is not possible to give employment to every one. So the private sector should absorb these youngsters. At present, there are 55,000 government employees, and we can add a maximum of 10,000. Where will the rest go?” he asked.
SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations MOST READ ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes PBA admits ref’s error, vows improvement “We’ve been seeing the improvement of the team but we can never be contented on what we have right now,” he said. “We have to maintain this kind of performance or even level it up for us to reach our goal.”The Lady Realtors dropped to 1-4 as they struggled in matching up to the level their imports were playing—a problem that seems to plague the rest of the teams.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Petron’s Katherine Bell dwarfs the wall put up by (from left) Sta. Lucia’s Souzan Raslan, Molly Lohman and Casey Schoenlein during yesterday’s Grand Prix game. —Sherwin VardeleonF2 Logistics and Petron are too good, they make the rest of the field look bad.The league’s super teams, with their big-named rosters, blasted their respective opponents on Thursday night and built up momentum for their inevitable title collision.ADVERTISEMENT F2 Logistics drubbed Foton, 25-20, 25-20, 26-24, while Petron routed Sta. Lucia Realty, 25-8, 25-8, 25-18, as both teams stayed unbeaten at the top with four wins each in the Philippine Superliga Grand Prix at Filoil Flying V Centre.The way they have gobbled up foes thus far has created intense anticipation for their first meeting this conference on March 7.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesAlex Cabanos did a superb relief job setting for F2 Logistics, making 20 excellent sets in subbing for ailing Kim Fajardo.“I didn’t know I would start until just before the game started but coach said we always have to be prepared, and I’m very grateful the team supported me and got my back,” Cabanos said. Former MVP Lindsay Stalzer scored 18 points to lead the Cargo Movers.“We just have to take care of the little things, focus on passing and trusting each other,” Stalzer said.Earlier, the Blaze Spikers have not lost a set in four matches but they scored their biggest win so far in disposing off the Lady Realtors.Stephanie Niemer and Katherine Bell starred for the defending champion, scoring 24 and 17 points, respectively.But Petron coach Shaq delos Santos said it wasn’t the true measure of their strength.ADVERTISEMENT P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
New Delhi, Aug 29 (PTI) The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has decided to institute an athletics championship for the disabled people of the national capital.The civic body has invited entries from visually impaired and orthopedically challenged students in the age group of 11- 14 years under junior category and 15-18 years under senior category for the athletics meet to be held form October 11 to 13.”With an aim to promote physical and sports activities among the divyang students of Delhi we will organise an athletics meet from October 11-13 this year at Talkatora Stadium,” NDMC chairman Naresh Kumar said today.”The Special Para Olympic Federations and organisations which have been affiliated and registered with the Sports Authority of India and the sports ministry will be involved in the event,” he said. PTI GJS NSD
The project was produced by SMAC Entertainment, Taylor Gang, Dirty Robber, and Atlantic Records. Producer Gotham Chopra and production company Dirty Robber were recently nominated for several Sports Emmy Awards and NAACP Image Awards for their work on “Shut Up and Dribble” including an NAACP nomination for “Outstanding Documentary.” They were also nominated for a Sports Emmy Award for “Outstanding Serialized Sports Documentary” for their work on “Tom vs Time.”“Taylor Gang has been with me since the start, so I wanted to make something to show just how far we’ve come,” Wiz says, speaking to his fanbase and creative crew featured throughout the series.Executive producer Michael Strahan said of the project, “Wiz and I both share a passion for family, friendship and hard work, and that’s exactly what you’ll see from him in this series. We’re excited to team up with Apple Music and give the world an intimate look into the rise of an entertainment icon.” Veteran rapper Wiz Khalifa will launch a docuseries, “Wiz Khalifa: Behind the Cam,” April 17 on Apple Music, he announced Wednesday.According to the announcement, the series “will go into the most intimate aspects of Wiz’s life,” containing archival footage from throughout his decade-plus-long career. The series will feature interviews with his family and his closest friends. “Wiz Khalifa: Behind the Cam” debuts on April 17 — between the rapper’s performances at both Coachella weekends — with all five episodes available worldwide on Apple Music.The trailer takes a different approach to that of most music documentaries, showing footage of a teen Wiz at an in-store meet-and-greet attended by one person, and rapping for a handful of people at a basketball court. His mother and longtime associates talk about his early drive and dedication, even when he was performing for hardly anyone — and of course the trailer ends with him rapping the same song later in his career for thousands of people.