Share LocalNews DYBT receive accolades from the Youth Development Division by: – November 21, 2011 58 Views one comment Share Sharing is caring! Tweet Share Chief Youth Officer, Mr Jules Pascal. (file photo)The Dominica Youth Business Trust (DYBT) is receiving a ‘thumbs up’ from one of the leading organizations on the island targeting young development on the island; the Youth Development Division.The praise came from the Chief Youth Development Officer, Mr Jules Pascal during his address at the DYBT Awards and Graduation Ceremony last week.DYBT successfully hosted activities marking global entrepreneurship week in Dominica, along with other partners on the island.Mr Pascal said that the work that DYBT is doing for young entrepreneurs on the island should not go unnoticed.“DYBT has been capable of developing and implementing specific programs designed to empower young people through enterprise development. It is often said that one should not blow his own trumpet I think that the Youth Development Division must sound the horn and proudly say that DYBT is recognized as a best practice as far as small business enterprise is concerned.”The Dominica Youth Business Trust is a programme of the Government of Dominica and the Commonwealth Youth Programme, and is adapted from the Commonwealth Youth Credit Initiative (CYCI) model of the Commonwealth Youth Programme. The CYCI assists national governments in providing young women and men with an integrated package of low-cost easily accessible credit, enterprise and personal development training order to establish sustainable businesses.Mr Pascal said that DYBT is now considered as one of the leading partners in promoting entrepreneurship and employment generation in the region. DYBT has been given some very good recognition, so much so that it has been involved in assisting other countries in the development of their small enterprise program. Countries they have helped include Belize, St Lucia, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago and most recently, Anguilla. All these countries have requested assistance and support from DYBT. To my mind this is a sign of recognition of the value and the effort that DYBT has made towards youth development. It is not something done in isolation, it is an integral package of micro, credit, enterprise training, business support and mentoring targeted at young men and women with potential for employment. This has been embedded in the plan of action of young empowerment of our lifetime partner; the Commonwealth Youth Program. For us at Youth Development Division, we seek a holistic and combine approach whereby our young people are introduced to enterprise or entrepreneurship programmes at the secondary schools at a very young age.Mr Pascal said that presently there is a strong drive in the region towards private sector partnership in order to develop and implement measures to promote the economic enfranchisement of young people. He said a number of partners have already come on board to include Caricom, the Caribbean Youth Programme, the Organization of American States, the Caribbean Development Bank, the Frist Caribbean International Bank and the Young Americas Business Trust.“Recently the United Nations Development Programme in collaboration with Caricom and other institutions and youth ministries of the region started the implementation of a US$3.1 million youth project. One of the main components of this project is youth economic enterprise. We are going to try our best to capitalize on this project to take advantage of everything that it offers so that our young people can benefit from it.”DYBT is also set to benefit from a four-phase project geared toward entrepreneurship development.“Next year through DYBT we will be engaged in the Agana Alliance which is expected to commence a project worth approximately US$83,000.00. This project seeks to maintain a collaborative and holistic approach to successful youth entrepreneurship. The project will focus on sports skills to employment ability skills. It is expected to be undertaken if four phases: sports and wellness component, technical vocations skills, attachment and internships, self employment and small business development.”Mr Pascal believes that DYBT has been contributing tremendously to Dominica’s economic development through business entrepreneurship,“Youth employment is critical to national and regional economies and more and more we need to realize that the youth entrepreneurship small enterprise programme is a very good alternative to unemployment. But there are developmental gaps and we must seek to address those gaps. The ILO report on the Caribbean in 2010 shows that a youth business international study found that there were 300 million unemployed youth in the world between the ages of 18 to 30, twenty percent of them have the ability to become entrepreneurs, but the sad fact is that only five percent are given the opportunity.”He issued calls for stakeholders on the island to invest more in youth entrepreneurship , developing a culture where persons will start seeing the young people as assets rather than liabilities.Dominica Vibes News
**By Louis Jadwong and additional reporting ESPN, WikipediaShare on: WhatsApp United States211002+0.883 Singapore211002–0.200 ESPN best described what is at stake. “This time around, the competition feature six teams – Canada, Malaysia, Oman, Singapore Uganda and USA – who have been in the wilderness, hoping to return like prodigal sons back to Division One, where they once belonged.”“On the previous two occasions that Uganda were relegated from Division Two, they bounced straight back with promotion from Division Three, at Bermuda in 2013 and Malaysia in 2014. After suffering relegation two years ago in Namibia, they are hoping to go right back up again.”Tuesday video: How Rizwan Cheema destroyed Uganda TeamPldWLTNRPtsNRRStatus Oman211002–0.732Meet in the 5th playoff and relegated to Division Four for 2018 Uganda211002+0.000Meet in the 3rd playoff and remain in Division Three FULL SCORECARD (click here)WCL Div 3 Table standings as at May 25, 2017 Canada220004+1.620Meet in the final and promoted to Division Two for 2018 Malaysia202000–1.546 The Uganda cricket team. PHOTO @AminahBabiryeFriday: #ICCWCL3UG Uganda vs Oman (Kyambogo oval)Wednesday result: Uganda beats Singapore by 66 runsUganda 217/9 in 50 overs (Otwani 47, Ukani 46, Kayondo 41, Muhumuza 25*; Vijayakumar 2 for 39 in 10 ) Singapore – 151 ALL OUT in 44 overs (Kumarange 40, Mutreja 35; Mohammed Irfan 5 for 38 in 10, Frank Nsubuga 1 for 12 in 8 overs) A man of the match performance with the ball by Uganda’s leading all-rounder Mohammed Irfan earned the hosts a crucial win that put their World Cricket League Division 3 title ambitions back on track.For many moments in the Day 2 game on Wednesday at the Lake side oval in Entebbe, Singapore looked like they would deny Uganda, who were desperate after their opening day 66 run defeat by Canada. Singapore confidently batted to 132 for four after 35.5 overs, before the Ugandans unsettled them.Irfan’s five wickets for 38 were complimented by miserly bowling by offspinning allrounder Frank Nsubuga (1 for 12 in 8 overs) as Uganda smothered the Singapore fight to snatch a 66 run win.Uganda next take on Oman, Friday, in another match they cannot afford anything but a positive result to keep their dream of playing the final and qualifying to the WCL Division 2.Uganda, Oman, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada and U.S.A are in Uganda battling to join Hong Kong, Namibia, Nepal, Kenya or Netherlands in Division 2.
By John BurtonFourth of July celebrations are not just limited to one day in the Two River area.In Atlantic Highlands the volunteer fire department will be conducting its annual Fireman’s Fair from July 2-6. The fair will be held at the municipal harbor, at the end of First Avenue, and will feature rides, games, food and refreshments and entertainment. There will also be a fireworks display scheduled for Friday July 5.Colts Neck will be holding its annual fair on June 28-29 at Bucks Mill Park. Admission is $5 per person, free for children younger than 5, and will feature music, games, rides and other events, including fireworks displays on both evenings.Red Bank’s First Presbyterian Church, 255 Tower Hill, will be conducting its annual “Liberty Extravaganza” concert and audience sing-along on July 7.The concert is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., but preceding it will be the church’s Strawberry Festival, a children’s fair and a musical performance by the Hot Taters Dixieland band on the church’s patio, beginning at 5.p.m.The concert, featuring patriotic songs, is the 25th annual one for the church. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. for the concert and early arrival is advised for seating. The concert is free, but an offering will be taken with a portion donated to Operation P.E.N.C.I.L., a charity started by American military personnel serving in Afghanistan to raise money for school supplies for Afghan children and their families. For more information call 732-747-1348.Sea Bright’s Driftwood Beach Club, 1485 Ocean Ave., and the club owners, the Stavola family, are sponsoring a July 1 fireworks display, billed as the largest in the state, as the topper of a daylong event serving as a fundraiser for Sea Bright Rising and Permit Relief Fund, charitable organizations assisting residents rebuilding after Super Storm Sandy.Ticketholders will have access to the Beach Bash Clambake with live music starting at noon, as well as club amenities, such as lifeguard-protected pool and beach area.Ticket prices for the beach bash and fireworks are $125 for adults and $25 for children 16 and younger. The ticket prices will increase after June 24. Tickets for the special menu dinner at the club’s restaurant, Ama, are $275 and seating begins at 5 p.m. Tickets for dinner and beach bash/fireworks are $335 per person.Tickets and additional information are available at www.seabrightrising.org, by calling 908-400-3617 or emailing to [email protected]
The pre-season schedule sees the Saints College Men’s Hockey program play teams from BCHL, BCIHL and ACAC. The Saints will open their exhibition slate against the Trail Smoke Eaters in the first-ever game between the two teams. “Our players and staff are very excited for the game against the Smoke Eaters and the opportunity to hopefully work towards making this game an annual event,” said Saints head coach Jeff Dubois.”We also have a pair of ex-Smokies (Logan Proulx/Darnell Dyck) who I know are looking forward to a fun and competitive game against their old team.” Selkirk will play its first home games of the preseason two weeks later when they host Keyano College from Fort McMurray, Alberta on Friday, September 13th (8 p.m., Nelson Recreation Complex) and Saturday, September 14th (4 p.m., Castlegar Recreation Complex). Keyano competes in the nine-team Alberta Colleges Athletics Conference. “Keyano College play in a highly competitive league against some of the top college teams in Canada,” said Dubois.”We’re very pleased that they’ve committed to make the trip to the West Kootenays and we’re also looking forward to playing in Nelson once again after a great experience winning our League Championship on that ice in March.” The Saints will then travel to Edmonton the following weekend for a trio of games against ACAC opponents. The team will open the weekend on Friday, September 20th against Concordia University before meeting the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and MacEwan University on Saturday and Sunday respectively.The NAIT match-up will be much-anticipated on both sides, as it will be a meeting of the 2013 ACAC and BCIHL league champions.It will also see the Saints face off against last season’s team captain, Jordan Wood, who has moved on to complete his Business degree while competing for the Ooks. Selkirk will then return to wrap up their preseason schedule against Trinity Western University on Friday, September 27th (7:30 p.m, Nelson Recreation Complex) and Saturday, September 28th (7:30 p.m., Castlegar Recreation Complex). The Saints’ 2013/14 regular season schedule will be released in the coming days. For more information about the team, visit GoSaints.ca. Get ready to watch the 203 B.C. Intercolligiate Hockey League champion, Selkirk Saints, tune up with an eight-game exhibition tilt beginning Tuesday, August 27th in Trail.
Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Agriculture, Food, the Marine Charlie McConalogue TD says the Minister for Agriculture needs to explain why so many applications were rejected following the reopening of the Organic Farming Scheme last year.A total of 75% of applications to the Organic Farming Scheme were rejected.And Deputy McConalogue said the Minister for Agriculture needs to explain why. The Inishowen TD said “The scheme reopened in a thirty-day window in 2018 with 255 total applications. It is utterly baffling that 75% of applications would be turned down. Of these numbers 34 have appealed their application decision.“The Organic Farming Scheme is an important payment to farmers with roughly 1,550 in the scheme. It is a vital scheme for those who do produce organic products.“It also seems highly unlikely the money assigned to this scheme under the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 will be used in full. Of the €56m budgeted for the scheme only €26m has been spent with just one year left.“The Minister needs to urgently explain the astronomically high rejection rate on applications, how the appeals process is being handled, and detail a timeline for appeals so farmers are given a fair hearing. “Minister Creed owes answers to the high volume of applicants who have had their application turned down.”Minister must explain why 75% of organic farm applications failed – McConalogue was last modified: November 21st, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Entering the 2019 season Humboldt State men’s soccer hadn’t posted five goals in a game since 2013.On Sunday the ‘Jacks netted five goals in a 5-1 win on the road at Simpson University, marking the second consecutive game Humboldt has found the net with such success.Israel Gonzalez supplied two of the ‘Jacks (4-1) goals in the win over Simpson and said that his club is a confident group heading into its California Collegiate Athletic Association opener.“I think our confidence is very high …
Nagpur: A woman who has spent one-fourth of the period of the maximum sentence for the offence she is charged with as undertrial prisoner should be released immediately, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad suggested on Saturday.The minister was speaking before a gathering of judges and lawyers at the inauguration of 17th all India meet of the State Legal Services Authorities here. “I have certain suggestions to give on this whole bail provisions for undertrials,” Prasad said, referring to section 436-A of the Code of Criminal Procedure. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c detailsUnder 436-A, if an undertrial has been in prison for half the period of the maximum sentence for the offence, he or she must be released on bond. It also provides for review committees headed by district judges to examine such cases where undertrials are languishing in jail. “The review committee needs to work more effectively. There is a need to further reinforce the implementation of this provision,” Prasad said, adding that in 50 per cent of cases, the accused spends the entire period of sentence for the offence as undertrial prisoner. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday”I would recommend that if a woman prisoner has spent 25 per cent of her sentence period as a trial prisoner, she should be immediately released,” he added. He also expressed concern about the number of pending criminal appeals, seeking fast-track hearing of cases which are pending for ten years or more. Hailing the country’s legal system, the law minister said Indian courts, led by the Supreme Court, reinforced the constitutional values, which played a great role in making India what it is today. The world looks up to India and follows some of the initiatives the country has taken, Prasad added.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions.Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The North Peace could see another 5 to 10 cm of snow before the Pacific frontal system moves out of the area late Sunday.A snowfall warning remains in place for the B.C. Peace and the Pine Pass. The current snowfall will start to slow at around noon on Sunday. On Saturday the Fort St. John Airport received 4.6 cm of snow.The system that moved into the area is forecast to bring anywhere from 10 to 25 cm of snow depending on the location in the B.C. Peace. Drivebc.ca reports most area highways are snow covered with blowing snow. If you plan on travelling today, slow down, and visit www.drivebc.ca for current conditions and highway cameras.A weather warning is also in effect for the Alberta Peace. Environment Canada says that region could see snow but also freezing rain. The warning says “A disturbance is moving through Alberta spreading a band of heavy snow and freezing rain. Freezing rain has switched to snow this morning. Total snowfall is expected to be 10 to 20 cm. Snow will taper off this evening.”See the full warning for the B.C. Peace below.3:42 AM PST Sunday 04 November 2018Snowfall warning in effect for:B.C. North Peace RiverB.C. South Peace RiverSnowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm continues.A frontal system is tracking across the BC interior this morning. Snow will continue this morning in the BC Peace River region and taper to flurries near noon with additional amounts of 5 to 10 cm expected.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – School District 60 has cancelled bus service for Thursday, November 29.Poor secondary road conditions have caused School District 60 to decide for the fourth day in a row. Schools will remain open. In a post on their website, District Officials apologized for the inconvenience.“The district sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by these cancellations. Regular bus service will resume once drivers determine that buses can be operated safely. Schools will be open for those students who are able to attend.” School Buses have also been cancelled in and around Dawson Creek for School District 59. Buses are still running in Chetwynd.
RYCROFT, AB – Alberta Health Services Declares that a Boil Water Advisory is in effect for the Village of Rycroft.The Advisory was issued March 1st, 2019 at 10:45 amBring your water to a rolling boil for at least one minute prior to using it for domestic purposes, including drinking, making infant formula and juices, brushing teeth, washing raw foods and making ice. The Village of Rycroft shares on their FB Page, “In response to questions about availability of water at Yanshewski’s … the potable and non-potable water will be available until 8:00 pm Friday evening. Arrangements will be made for Satruday and will be announced.”To view the FB Page; CLICK HERE This advisory is being issued as a precautionary measure until the safety of the water can be assured.Water should be boiled until further notice.For more information please contact:www.ahs.ca/ephHealth Link Alberta – 811or your local Environmental Public Health Centre